4.06.2007

Things That Make Me Happy: Ice Cold Dr. Pepper

My breakfast of champions is an ice cold Dr. Pepper. Juice is for health nuts. Coffee is for the masses. Pepper is for the unrefined. And that’s me. I also prefer Hershey’s chocolate to Godiva. So there. On particularly rough mornings, I drink my Pepper straight out of the fridge. That is not, however, what makes me happy. Ice cold Dr. Pepper makes me stand up and take notice. It zings when it goes down my throat. It picks me up by the bootstraps and sets me on my feet ready for the day. I believe the perfect chill is achieved after the can has been in the freezer at least 1 hour but no more than 2. Less than an hour and it’s not cold enough. Over two hours and it starts to freeze. Next thing you know it’s not coming out of the can right and the syrup/carbonation consistency per sip is thrown off. Texas is a good state for ice cold soda drinking. There’s no greater soda than the ice cold soda on a hot day. Like full-on Texas hell hole suck the life out of you heat and maybe you’ve been running errands walking across some mammoth sized sizzling parking lot and the air conditioning’s off when you get home so it’ll take a few minutes to cool down and it took three trips to get all the bags in from the car and you stand in front of the open freezer door while you pop it open and take the first sip. Aaahh. Good times. I used to drink one a day. I’ve been kind of tired and overworked lately so that’s climbed to a ridiculous 3 a day. And Tuesday I know for a fact I had 4 which is diabetes waiting to happen ridiculous. Which is why I’m going to give it up entirely. Once I drink the rest of the 24 pack sitting in the kitchen that is. Because it’d be silly to let perfectly good soda go to waste. Which is exactly the sort of excuse people make so they can delay something long enough to forget about it and then never do it. Whatever. Pepper makes me happy.

2 comments:

Nykoteen said...

That's what I'm talking about! I love DR. Pepper and it's the first thing I drink every morning, sure to have it over ice =]

Unwatched said...

I feel the same way!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...