7.15.2007

The book that must not be named arrives Saturday

The new Harry Potter book is only five days away. I've had it on pre-order since January. I'm above average excited. My husband could care less. I told him he should really care about this last one. Because Harry might die. And, let's just be clear, I could potentially flip my lid if Harry dies. He deserves to live. He's been through a lot. Life is unjust enough as it is. Kill anyone else. Just not Harry. Or Ron. Or Hermione. But that's it. I swear. Everyone else is fair game.

After I was done subjecting my husband to my whole "Harry Potter Can't Die" dissertation I reminded him about the last book. Specifically, how sad and blue I was at the end. His memory is practically a sieve so I recreated the scene for him. Me, teary eyed. Him, stuck comforting me for an hour. Technically, I wasn't crying the whole hour but there was a lot of moping and sighing. It lingered with me.

As my excitment builds for Saturday, I'm currently preparing my world for its arrival. I'm finishing up the book I'm currently reading. I'm plotting how I can trick my kids into letting me read 12 hours a day. And I'm opening a fresh box of tissues. Just in case. But that still doesn't mean it's okay to kill Harry.

11 comments:

Chaotic Joy said...

Oh girl, I so know! I cried so hard at the end of the last one I couldn't see the words. I wonder if it would be child abuse to lock my children in their rooms for the day Harry Potter comes.

Anonymous said...

I've already informed my husband that he's in charge of watching the kids ALL DAY Saturday so that i can read the book all night Friday and all day Saturday.

As excited as i am about this book coming out, though, it's just sad. The last one. People are going to die. It can't end completely good. Sniff. I might have to go get some kleenexes right now....

Amy W said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog...I absolutely love the looks of yours! Will be adding it to my blogroll....

I am desperate for the new book. I may just have to stay up all night to read it...

DK said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog; great to meet another Harry fan! At my house, my hubby is as big a fan as I am - possibly bigger - and we haven't ruled out driving 40 miles to our favorite bookstore to wait in line with all the costumed urchins to pick up our reserved copy at midnight! Glad I married a big kid :)
Stop by my place any time you're in the neighborhood. I love company.
DK
A Flyover Blog

a happier girl said...

Thanks. Still very excited. Right here. Now it's only 4 days away!

Anonymous said...

I think I might be able to handle it if Hermione dies, but I don't think she will. I don't think Ron or Hermione will die. I am *slightly* concerned about Harry. Everyone else is fair game.

a happier girl said...

But see, if Hermione dies, how can Ron and Hermione live happily ever after? I'm glad to hear you don't think Harry, Ron or Hermione will die. And I'm pretending your slight concerns about Harry don't exist.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! You Harry people, you! =) I read the book and I like it, and I've also watched the first 3 movies. But I'm still not into it as you are. That said, I do hope Harry don't die. But he can't, right? He's the protagonist. In fact, I don't want anyone to die. Dumbledore dying (maybe? maybe not?) in the last book was enough to make me edgy. And I'm not even a big fan! It is wonderful to see how people are excited over it. I'm definitely buying the new book cos I'm saving it for my future children. I have all the series so far. I might want to invest in buying all the movies too but I'd rather wait til it all comes out in a collector edition. =) My future kids will so thank me. Haha.

a happier girl said...

Yeah, the Dumbledore thing was pretty hardcore. Let's all hope Harry survives.

Unknown said...

I always love running across other Potter-addicts! :) Found your blog on Blogging Chicks, by the way!

I agree: poor Harry needs to be hit by the lucky stick. He's had to endure so much already. He needs to kill Voldemort, marry Ginny and have lots of red haired, green-eyed babies! :)

Love your writing style and your blog! I'll be back (although not in a stalkerish way!) :)

a happier girl said...

We are in total agreement. Only one more day to wait until we find out. Or at least start to find out anyway!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...