5.17.2007

Sometimes I actually speak coherently and have a point

I was interviewed this week for a new assignment at work. When my husband asked me later how it went, I was happy to report that unlike previous interviews, this time I actually managed to get a few things out of my mouth that I had practiced at home in the bathroom mirror. For example, instead of wandering through my answers like a space cadet, I actually listed off all the reasons I would be a good choice and gave some insight into my interest in the position. The interviewers were still making notes a minute after I’d finished talking. I’m sure other people manage to do this fairly regularly. I appear to do this only on Tuesdays at 10:20 in the second floor conference room in the year of the pig when the planets align just so. Then I spent the afternoon at my desk scared I might actually get it and then it would be lame and I’d be sorry I even put in for it. Because I am insane. And never satisfied. And insane.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, good luck! I hope you get it, it sounds like it all went really well!

Anonymous said...

I told you, you would get it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...