7.03.2007

Stop conspiring against me

It’s been raining here in my area for just slightly longer than forever. One day last week it rained so hard I actually got concerned about our swimming pool potentially overflowing. I mentioned this to my brother and he asked what my plan was if it overflowed. I said I didn’t have one. I mean, I contemplated for like two minutes possibly attempting to scoop some water out and relocate it. But that seemed like a lot of work and, frankly, I couldn’t figure out anywhere to take the water anyway. I abandoned the train of thought and decided to just hope for the best. So then my brother says something about draining some water into the street by using a hose and reversing the pump. Right off the top of his head he came up with that. Dude doesn’t own a pool. Just, poof, better ideas than me.

Whatever. Who asked him anyway? Nobody needs his freaky smart ideas here. It’s like a conspiracy to prove I’m mechanically the stupidest female ever. Whatever. Who proofread your papers in college, MacGyver? Right here. There’s a reason. Suck it.

And seriously, enough with the rain.

6 comments:

Kirsten said...

Girl, I totally know how you feel! Living in Oregon I pray for it to stop about 9 months of the year!

Chaotic Joy said...

Girl! I just caught up on your blog after a trip out of town and you are so freakin funny. I laughed at all your posts...bridezilla, the funny things your husband says, this one about the rain. You have an amazing ability to turn any grim post into something funny.

We really, really, really need some of your rain here in Georgia. How's your mom?

a happier girl said...

The rain seems to have stopped. I'm sure it's just lulling me into a false sense of security.

joy - Thanks. And aren't you nice to ask about my mom! She's doing well. She's mostly resting and catching up on soaps. And I've even been showing her how to use a feed reader and shop on Amazon. Gotta love the internet when you're stuck at home recuperating!

Christy said...

You have a pool? No fair at all! I would die for a pool, but well they just aren't very common, or practical, around here.

a happier girl said...

Yeah, we have a pool. But we're not pool fans. Maybe if we had one of the new fancy kind that cleans itself we'd like it more. We mostly don't think we use ours enough to make it worth the time and money it takes to take care of it.

Missi said...

Oh, please send some rain my way, we are in a serious drought!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...