7.06.2007

If you don't love Friday there's something fundamentally wrong with you

Since I only had to work 4 days this week, it feels sort of wrong to be this glad it's Friday. But I am. Really glad. It was a long week. Inside my head anyway. I'm finally starting to feel better after my bout with the bubonic plague. Although the entire left side of my head feels like it will explode when I bend over. I like to think that will go away in a few days. Kind of like how I like to think we'll one day win the lottery. I think I have a sinus infection. I think it will require sitting on hold with my insurance company and locating a primary care physician.

But those are thoughts for next week. And that's definitely a call to make from my desk at work. I can't be bothered with such things today. Today is Friday. And Fridays are awesome.

Tonight I promised my three year old we would go swimming. That was a promise made earlier today in a desperate attempt to secure her cooperation in the car. I don't even remember what she was protesting at the time. I just remember how she folded like a house of cards in the face of an opportunity to wear her swimsuit.

Tomorrow, there's more swimming on the itinerary. Assuming it doesn't rain. But I'd be okay with rain. Because Plan B is laying on the couch dozing. And I like Plan B. A lot. Which pretty much guarantees blue skies tomorrow. But that's okay. Because it's still Friday. And Fridays are awesome.

6 comments:

Mall Worker said...

I love fridays and I don't even work anymore!

Christy said...

Don't you love this age. All of those promises made is desperation, you are now obligate to fulfill because they remember every single one...even days later!

Unknown said...

I'm alllll about Plan B. But I can't remember the last time I could snooze on the couch. :-)

a happier girl said...

Fridays are so awesome. And yes, my three year old has a memory like a steel trap. I try hard to be careful when I commit to something with her. It ended up raining Saturday but still no Plan B. We went outside and played in the rain instead. I'm pretty sure out neighbors think we're wacky but it was fun.

Kirsten said...

So glad you are feeling better! Swimming is the best toddler currency I have found.

a happier girl said...

I agree swimming is very good toddler currency. In fact, just agreeing to get into our swimsuits appears to be negotiable even if we never leave the house in them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...