7.25.2007

My DVR will not let me sleep

My promotion was less horrific today than it was the first day. In fact, it's gotten a little less horrific each day. If this trend continues, in a few short months I'll be due for the greatest day of my life.

The promotion has mostly involved getting up earlier than usual and spending all day putting out fires. Not actual flames. Just "I am lost and helpless and you are the last great hope of mankind" flames. It's unfortunate when the last great stronghold against the downfall of mankind is a chick who only started the job Monday. But whatever. That's what I like to call "Someone else's problem."

Every night this week I've come home and told my husband I was going to bed early. Then I stayed up watching television. Last night, I felt obligated to finish The Closer. She had some mysterious medical problem she said was a cold. It involved dizziness, nausea and a fever. My guess was pregnancy except since when does that give you a fever? I'd like to say I'll go to bed early tonight. But I know Big Brother's on tonight and I'm going to need to find out who wins Head of Household. Right after I watch Kail get voted out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer and I were talking about you this weekend, I was telling her about your blog. She reminded me of somebody you TOTALLY left off your celebrity list...
.
.
.
MATT LAUER! Remember how he totally cares about us after we almost fell over the railing???

Good times....

Ann M. said...

I found your blog through blogging chicks and I have the same problem with my DVR. I stayed up late last night to watch a show that could completely have waited. But...you know, it was there. Tempting me. I thought that DVRs were supposed to be great in that we can watch things whenever we want. Nobody told us about its secret life as a deceptively evil, sleep-depriving machine.

a happier girl said...

BFF Juliebear - Yes, that's right. Matt doesn't just know us. He actually cares about us. He's practically family.

Ann - I have to say even with the sleep depriving features of the DVR, I'm slightly in love with my DVR. It's so easy to record the whole season of shows I like. And it never forgets when the shows are on. Unlike me. I always forget.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...