3.27.2008

The best thing about being 33

There was probably a time in my life when doing bubbles in the driveway while wearing candy cane pajamas might have been unthinkable. That time in my life has clearly passed:

Somewhere around the age of 30 I developed a very strong sense of "So what?" Maybe it's my husband rubbing off on me. Heaven knows that man genuinely doesn't care what other people think of him. But, truthfully, I don't think he had anything to do with my own lack of concern. Somewhere between 25 and 30 I think I just realized that it doesn't really affect my life if people think I'm odd. So then what's the point of caring?

I've even been known to use the line, "It's not like I'm going to see any of these people again." Although I've used the line in the grocery store around the corner from our house where I most likely will see the people again. But I say whatever.

Because so what if I do see them again. Are they going to ostracize me and refuse to be my friend? Because how would I even notice? We never leave the house. And so what if they remember me as the crazy lady hanging off her husband's back in the frozen pizza aisle. If that's the worst thing you can say about me, I should be so lucky. Because I've also been the crazy lady dancing in the frozen pizza aisle. And I sing made up songs in the frozen pizza aisle too. The one about my husband's Indiglo watch being my personal favorite. I guess it's just lucky for me my husband doesn't have a camera on him when we grocery shop.

And on a separate note, my husband takes like 3 pictures of me per year. What is up me in the candy cane pajamas made the cut? Last year, one of the 3 pictures he took was when we played in the rain with the kids and I looked like I was in a wet T-shirt contest. I'm beginning to see a trend. Although I probably have no room to talk.

1 comment:

Shan said...

For me I found that happened after my oldest daughter was born. It's a nice feeling.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...