2.11.2013

My Current Playlist


Since increasing the length of my runs as I continue to trudge forward training for my upcoming half marathon, I've discovered that my running mix has to get longer and longer.  Few things are quite as annoying as the music stopping mid run and having to scramble to pull it out of my sports bra (Is that a weird place to put it? How do people run with it on their arm? How does the cord not annoy them that way?) to get some music going again. I ended up downloading some extra jams with beats that suit my pace per minute and have been finagling the order of songs ever since.  Some seem like they need to go.  And sometimes I think I could really use some new ones (any recommendations? I so need them!).  But this is the playlist that's currently getting me through my longer runs.

My current playlist to get me through an hour and forty minute death march long run:
1. Die Young - Kesha.  Excellent pace for me.  Peppy.  Gets me started without being too fast.
2. Ho Hey - Lumineers.  I'm moderately obsessed with this song.  I can listen to it 3 or 4 times in a row while driving my car.  It's the perfect song to have second and ease me into a more comfortable pace.
3. Some Nights - Fun.  Like it.  But it's not perfect in this spot.  Used to be a favorite but I'm thinking of retiring it.
4. No One Like You - David Crowder Band.  Christian pop. Super catchy.  Always perks me up.  It also randomly reminds me how much I love my kids and husband. 
5. Low - Flo Rida.  Fun.  Perky.  The pace isn't perfect for me but it's still a good fit for me.
6. Scream and Shout - Will.i.am. and Britney Spears.  The anthem of my insane family currently.   We all enjoy impersonating the accent of the girl in the song.
7. Free Fallin' - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.  Like it but it doesn't pick me up and carry me anymore.  Thinking of taking it out of rotation.
8. Home - Phillip Phillips.  Love.  I'm going to make this place my home.
9. Wonderwall - Oasis.  Like it but it hasn't picked me up and carried me in a while.  Might need to take it out of rotation.
10. Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne.  Catchy.  Catchy.  Catchy.  The beat makes me run faster every time without even realizing I'm doing it.  Must have in rotation.
11. Good Time - Owl City and Carly Rae Jepsen.  Fun.  Perky.  May or may not stay in rotation.
12. I Need a Doctor - Dr. Dre and Eminem.  Great.  The Dr. Dre part always fires me up and gets me going.
13. Part of Me - Katy Perry.  This is my jam.  Makes me feel proud of myself. 
14. Right Round - Flo Rida.  The beat doesn't seem quite right for my pace.  But it's perky.
15. Magic - B.O.B.  Catchy and fun.
16. Lose Yourself - Eminem.  Former number one jam to gut it out when I feel like quitting.  But I hate that the beginning of the song starts off so quiet and I have to hear myself panting.
17. Diamonds - Rihanna.  Not sure the beat does anything to improve my pace but I like the song enough to not care.
18. Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.  Eh.  Could take it or leave it.
19. Stronger by Kanye West.  Thumbs up.  Kanye's insane but makes good music.
20. Whistle by Flo Rida.  Eh.  My running playlist goes downhill from here. 
21. Without Me by Eminem.  I like the beat.  I seem to run well to it.
22. I Cry by Flo Rida.  Eh.  I like it but maybe not to run to.
23. American Woman - Lenny Kravitz.  Not a good pace for my speed.  Seems to slow me down and have me obsessing over
24. Poker Face by Lady Gaga.  Eh.
25. Waking up in Vegas by Katy Perry.  Eh.
26. Walk This Way by Aerosmith and Run DMC.  A fun blast from the past.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your playlist! You have some great stuff on there. I'm a weirdo and when I run I like to listen to Rob Zombie. He gets me pumped up haha.

I've worn my iPod on my arm like twice and the cord really does get in the way, so you have the right idea for sure.

Mary Beth White said...

"Walk It Out" - good beat for a slow jog

Mary Beth White said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...