11.14.2007

I guess I'm going up

Today was my deadline to accept the upwardly mobile job offer I recently received. Over the weekend I was solidly in the upwardly mobile camp. Monday morning I was in the curl up in a hole and never leave the house again camp. Yesterday I was all over the map. And today I accepted the job.

It’ll be good. That’s what I think. I like the people. I enjoy the work. Change is good. Right? Yeah, no, change is totally good. I can do it. And it’s not permanent unless I want it to be. So there’s an escape hatch, too. Just like I like it. So I guess I’m at peace with it.

In honor of my newly accepted promotion, there will be chicken nuggets and Project Runway for everyone tonight! And maybe cookies! Fresh baked cookies! Too bad my husband’s out of town for more military-esque training. In preparation for it he’s been wearing a 50 pound backpack to walk the dogs all week. Right. Me, too. I also stopped a speeding locomotive with my bare hands the other day during a diaper change. Did I mention we're having cookies tonight?

6 comments:

no way said...

Congrats!

Chaotic Joy said...

Oh bravo on the job! But really when I was reading your post I was thinking:

Project Runway started back! Like a new season? Right now? It's 10 oclock! I'm missing it!

So thanks for the heads up. And love the pictures of the dog in the pepto hat.

Christy said...

Congrats! Enjoy the cookies!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the promotion! (And that's great that you've got an escape hatch) I'm thinking the option to be able to work from home could be a pretty nice option to have - hope you find that you like this one even more that your last one! Have a Dr. Pepper with those cookies! ; )

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new job.
You know, if you choose to work from home, you will never get out of your jammies;)
Look at it as a good thing.
Pointing at my jammies.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the congratulations! I really appreciate it. I had several fresh baked cookies and a Dr. Pepper to celebrate. And it was good.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...