11.13.2008

I don't wear mindless peon well

Two days ago I had a really great day. Today I had a less than great day. So less than great it required a grande margarita with dinner. My husband's idea. The man is clearly a genius. Although, it's really not hard to figure out that an adult beverage is in order when your wife comes home from work crying.

Turns out the higher up that told my boss to lower my performance rating, didn't appreciate it when my boss told her she decided not to go with that lowered rating. I'm told there was a lot of back and forth, some discussion and then the law got laid down. And that's when I got the world's most arbitrary rating accompanied by no supporting examples or any rational explanation other than one unpopular question I asked in a meeting. I kept my composure during the B in communication. It the C in leadership that broke the camel's back. Because last time I saw my review, there hadn't been any C's anywhere. So apparently protesting the communication rating got the leadership one lowered too. Makes perfect sense.

I can't decide if the goal of that move is to piss me off or motivate me to fall in line like a good mindless peon. I also can't decide what I'll do about it. For the moment, it's mostly making me tired and ready for bed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds to me like they are just trying to find a way not to give raises or promotions, ie, terrible economy. It probably has nothing to do with you; instead, its all about the almighty dollar.

Jen said...

Oh I'd be mad. But I'd probably bite my tongue.

Anonymous said...

I have always been 'independent' and that has led to some issues where I worked. I finally realized that I needed to find a work culture that supported my independent mindedness. I finally found a good spot for me and had the best 10 years of my career. It really is about finding the right fit for your strengths and style. If this isn't the spot then remember that references are extremely important. Don't tick people off so bad they won't give a good reference if you decide to look for another job. Thinking of you and wishing you the best

Veronica said...

Yeah, I have trouble falling in among the heard of sheeple too. I would be pretty irritated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...