4.22.2008

My gynecologist offered me her used iPod but I settled for a pap smear

My husband went out of town again. That’s become such a regular occurrence no one even cried when we dropped him at the airport. Not even me. And I enjoy me some airport drop off crying.

In honor of his departure, everyone in the household decided to celebrate at 3:53 am. This was led by the newest 4 year old who decided to wake everyone up again. This time I went ahead and used the phrase “in for a world of hurt” when I explained just how unacceptable that was. Then everyone wanted to sleep late in the morning except I had places to go and people to see and maybe certain people wouldn’t be so tired if they could learn to embrace the concept of “stay in bed.”

My big places to go and people to see was a rescheduled appointment with my gynecologist. Love that chick so much I swear I left the office feeling like I had fun. I know. So weird. And she convinced me I need an iPod. Her 11 year old has had 4 of them already. I’ve had zero. And my cell phone can't take pictures either. Whatever. So I think maybe I need one. Not want. Need. Because she even sent me home with a list of podcasts to listen to. And how am I supposed to listen to them without one? So we'll see.

I’ll probably change my mind by next week because that's how I usually roll but yesterday I was like 3 minutes away from ordering one online. Instead I ordered Sigg bottles for me and the kids so we can start drinking more water. And Saturday I bought organic milk at the grocery store. What has gotten into me?

12 comments:

Kritter Krit said...

Fun and gynocologist. Used in the same sentence. Whoa. Impressive.

You definitely need an iPod. It'll change your world.

In those moments where you think you might have to murderize a child, just a teeny bit, you can lock yourself in the bathroom, plug into your iPod, and ahhhhh - let the sounds of sweet tuney bliss just sweep you away.

Veronica said...

I've had an ipod for a few years now and can never listen to it because I never any alone "me" time when I can actually put earbuds in my ears and not be afraid that the walls will come tumbling down or something equally awful. Earphones and kids don't mix in my world. lol

Anonymous said...

I need a gynecologist like yours.

Christy said...

Get an ipod! I just have a small shuffle one, but love it. I run with it all the time, plus my three and a half year old is fascinated with it, so if I need a break I pull it out for her.

Anonymous said...

One of these days you'll be wearing Birkenstocks and own a VW bus. ;-)

Jenn said...

i dont have an ipod but my cell phone does take pictures:)

Anonymous said...

I definitely want to go to your gynecologist.

And I want to hear all about your iPod, because I won't be getting one for a long while.

Fraulein said...

I am so with you on the cell phone thing. I have a digital camera -- why does my phone need to take pictures? For that matter, why do I need to have Internet access on my phone? When I go to buy a new cell phone and I tell the salespeople that all I want to use it for is to, you know, talk, they look at me like I have three heads.

Meanwhile I too have never yet had an iPod, although I do want one. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one behind the curve!

Anonymous said...

Hey -- Just checkin' in cause things have been so quiet around here. Got me a little worried about you... hope everything is OK :)

Veronica said...

I was thinking the same thing. Hope everything is ok over there! :)

Happy Working Mom said...

Miss you!

Anonymous said...

just thinking the same thing. Hope that all is well. Although, I am the first to admit that the blog goes to the wasteside when life gets in the way.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...